Spike Telecom Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) governs your use of the services offered by Spike Telecom LLC and its affiliates (“Services”) and our website(s) including https://spiketelecom.com/ (“Spike Site”). We may modify this Policy by posting a revised version on the Spike Site. By using the Services or accessing the Spike Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy.
You may not use, or facilitate or allow others to use, the Services or the Spike Site:
- for any illegal or fraudulent activity;
- to violate the rights of others;
- to threaten, incite, promote, or actively encourage violence, terrorism, or other serious harm;
- for any content or activity that promotes child sexual exploitation or abuse;
- to violate the security, integrity, or availability of any user, network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device;
- to distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass email or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (or “spam”).
Investigation and Enforcement
We may investigate any suspected violation of this Policy, and remove or disable access to any content or resource that violates this Policy. You agree to cooperate with us to remedy any violation.
When determining whether there has been a violation of this Policy, we may consider your ability and willingness to comply with this Policy, including the policies and processes you have in place to prevent or identify and remove any prohibited content or activity.
Reporting of Violations
Spike requests anyone with any information regarding AUP violations to report it immediately by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Please provide information as completely and accurately as possible. Spike is a dynamic environment where customers launch and terminate many services over the course of a few hours. This means that customers may occupy the same host or service at different times of the same day. Therefore, it is critical that you identify the IP address(es), date, exact time (accurate to within 1 minute), and time zone in order for us to accurately identify the reported resource.
Please note that the Spike abuse team may not process or respond to spam or to reports that contain offensive or vulgar language.
Excessive Use of System Resources
1.Responsible Resource Usage: Users of our VPS services (LightCloud and Standard plans) are expected to use system resources responsibly, ensuring fair resource utilization. Responsible resource usage includes but is not limited to:
- CPU Usage: Users should avoid consistently maxing out one full CPU core or more, which may adversely affect the performance of other VPS instances sharing the same host node.
- Bandwidth Consumption: Users are expected to use bandwidth resources efficiently and avoid excessive consumption that may impact the network's overall performance.
- Disk I/O Operations: Responsible disk I/O usage is essential to maintain server stability and ensure equitable resource allocation for all users.
2.Impact of Disruptive Load: Disruptive load can lead to adverse effects on the overall hosting environment, including degraded performance and potential disruptions for other users. Disruptive load may be generated by excessive CPU usage, bandwidth consumption, and/or disk I/O operations.
3.Corrective Actions: In cases of disruptive load, we reserve the right to take corrective actions to mitigate the impact and restore stability to the hosting environment. These actions may include, but are not limited to:
- Reboot: Initiating a reboot of your VPS to alleviate disruptive load and restore normal performance.
- Shutdown: Temporarily shutting down your VPS to prevent further resource overuse and protect the performance of other VPS instances.
- Suspension: In situations of persistent and severe disruptive load, we may suspend your VPS service, regardless of the time lapse involved, in accordance with our Terms of Service.
4.Monitoring and Enforcement: We employ resource monitoring mechanisms to assess system resource utilization by VPS users. If a user's VPS consistently generates disruptive load, we will take appropriate actions to mitigate the impact on others and maintain a stable hosting environment.
Our data storage infrastructure employs a comprehensive redundancy system, ensuring that any single component failure does not compromise data integrity. Nevertheless, we disclaim all liability and responsibility pertaining to the loss or damage of your data, as well as any consequential damages arising from such incidents. We emphatically advise you to establish your own data backup strategy and to consistently verify your ability to recover your data effectively.
Last updated: Sept 11, 2023